Thursday, May 7, 2009

New Cook Book(s)

Okay, how long has it been since I have posted here? I'm embarrassed. But I guess that is the way of the world when you are a blogging newbie. I have a new blog now that covers the whole range of things in my life: arts, the garden, design, do-it-yourself, and, of course, cooking.

House InsideOut

But I am sticking with this blog as well. In fact, I have even found myself a new cookbook to be cooking out of. Actually, I have found two cookbooks; two that are diametrically opposed from each other.

The first one is The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters. She, a genius in her own time, yes? These are classic foods, stripped down to the basics. I am sure there are some badly needed basic tips and tricks for me in this book.

The second is Quick & Easy Vietnamese by Nancie McDermott. I originally checked this out from the library and then found so many delicious recipes that I had to go and buy it! I love Vietnamese food and am looking forward to exploring this book thoroughly.

I discovered in my first project, cooking from How To Eat Supper, I got a little bored with the author's tastes. My second mistake was trying to cook all of the variations. I now know that many of these variations in many (ok, not all, but many) cookbooks are basically space fillers. By the results of some of my "variations" I am fairly certain the authors never even tried them themselves. Finally. I am giving myself as much time as I need to finish; no rushed deadlines and stress--who needs it?

So now I have two cookbooks with lots of variation between the two of them and off I go!

No comments: