Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 13: Edna Lewis's Sugared Raspberries

Edna Lewis's Sugared Raspberries

Now this is meant to be a preserving thing without any cooking. Just mix 2 cups raspberries with 2 cups sugar. Use a fork to mash up the berries. It basically looks like freezer jam. Now if you throw it in a jar (without normal canning procedures) and refrigerate, and it is supposed to last for many months for you to eat in the winter.

I admit I only made a half recipe because the raspberries are so amazingly perfect right now, we eat all that come into our lives immediately. My mom used to do this with strawberries when I was a kid (for eating right away--not saving) and I thought it was a waste of fresh tasting strawberries. I feel the same way with raspberries. Maybe it will be a little bit of heaven in January but I don't think I'll find out since I don't have any extra raspberries to spare! Maybe my friend Jenn who grows raspberries will want to try this.

I poured a little over some mango sorbet and it wasn't bad.

25 recipes down in How to Eat Supper.

No comments: