Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 8: Provencal Tuna Salad

It's summertime and the salad makings are easy.

Provencal Tuna Salad

This is your basic tuna salad: canned tuna, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, capers, red onion, and fresh dill tossed with olive oil and lemon juice. I had to cheat a little on this one. I thought I had capers, so I substituted the more tried and true white-trash-preferred pickles and it tasted just fine, thank you very much. I only had a couple bits of fresh dill from the farm share so I also added some dried which, honestly, didn't add much flavor at all.

I was on my own for lunch today so I halved the recipe which is easy on this one.

Very easy to make, I couldn't resist throwing in some broccoli and snap peas. I didn't bother eating it on bread or greens, I just ate it right out of the serving bowl. I think presentation would be nice if you spread out some greens and then piled this in the middle with garnishes of red onion rings and larger sprigs of dill.

But I was so hungry, I ate it and forgot to take a picture!

13 recipes down in How to Eat Supper. I think I have been a little lazy this week. We went out to dinner last night and we are going out tomorrow so I feel a big cooking frenzy coming on this weekend. I may need dinner guests...

No comments: